Sunday 12 January 2014

One way ticket to Orlando

I've had quite a few things going on recently so my apologies for not updating sooner!

On the 4th January my lovely boyfriend took me to Disney on Ice at the 02 as a Christmas present which was really really good although I did spend most of the day very jealous of all the little girls dressed as princesses! I would recommend the show to everyone and even John really enjoyed it :) I really wanted these magical looking snow cone cup things but they were an extortionate £9 and I'm trying to be super good with money at the moment *cry* but we had really good seats and the show was amazing so I can't complain really :)


After the show me & John went for dinner at the American Sports Bar & Grill when Talie (hopefully future roomie) commented on my check in on facebook which lead to us planning a spontaneous meet up with her & her boyfriend Will as she only lives about 15 minutes away from the O2. As I mentioned in a previous post we have all met before but I was looking forward to seeing them again as we hadn't seen each other since we got our date!

After dinner me & John headed over to the Slug & Lettuce to meet Talie & Will & then went to Las Iguanas (ironically where we went after our F2F but in South Bank)  where it was happy hour which made me very happy indeed! We spent the next few hours consuming too many 2-4-1 cocktails & talking all things Disney whilst the boys spoke about their plans to visit & how awful their girlfriends were for leaving them ;) It made me even more excited for Disney and how quickly time is going which means we will be out there in no time! We parted ways about 11pm (9 hours after me and John originally got to the O2) and headed home so Will could get his well deserved kebab he had been pining for all night haha.


All the excited Disney talk made me itching to book my flight so I emailed Louise the next day to see if I should as in the step by step guide it tells you not to until after the visa appointment (although I'm pretty sure this is just to cover themselves incase you aren't successful in obtaining the visa). Once Louise had come back to say that I could go ahead and book I contacted Yummy Travel. 

I decided I wanted to book my flight & sort out my insurance at the same time because you get 10% off your insurance if you pay for them together. I spoke to really nice & helpful girl called Jade who found me the same flight that I had been looking at online flying from Gatwick at 11:15 to MCO with Virgin for £370. I had previously searched the same flight directly through Virgin & it had quoted me £1020 so I would definitely recommend you go through STA especially if you are under 26 :) 

If I'm honest the insurance choosing wasn't very fun, I found it a bit daunting because it's so important but after advice for my boyfriend, family & the guys in our Disney facebook group (don't know what I'd do without them sometimes!) I decided on the Blue Standard Policy as I didn't think I would need the Premium Policy however I know a few of the girls have taken that out so it's completely personal preference but I felt that I would rather save the extra £80 or so that the Premium cost. Altogether I paid £550.26 for my flight, insurance & excess waiver which I thought was pretty good :)

John also booked a holiday out to see me from 28th May for 2 weeks :) Ideally he would come out a bit later but it's just too expensive because of the school holidays (boo) but I'm just happy he's going to be coming out to visit :) We also booked a reservation at Be Our Guest for whilst he's there so I'm hoping I'm not working that night because I am too excited to eat there! 

Everything is starting to come together :)





No comments:

Post a Comment